WHAT IS A SMART TRAILER
A Neutrailer Smart Trailer pulls it’s own weight
Small and Simple
It is roughly the same size as a current surge brake actuator.
Totally Self Contained
A smart trailer with Neutrailer can be towed and controlled by any properly equipped vehicle.
Power application to the trailer and wheels, sway stabilization assistance, tight maneuvering assistance and more!
What is a Smart Trailer?
• A Smart trailer is generally defined as a trailer that provides motive (electric) power to assist the tow vehicle while driving. It also is able to help with braking via regenerative braking.
• Typically, trailers are towed occasionally. Most trailers are attached to a tow vehicle less than 10% of the time. Trailer owners must size their tow vehicle to accommodate the weight of the trailer fully loaded. This forces trailer owners to purchase a heavier and more expensive tow vehicle that has a more powerful engine and costs much more to drive even when not towing.
• Trailers cause a tremendous amount of wear on the drivetrains and suspensions of tow vehicles, especially when pulled regularly. This shortens the life of the tow vehicle and increases maintenance costs. Towing trailers also significantly degrades the performance and fuel economy of the tow vehicle.
• The general issue with a Smart Trailer is controlling the power/braking applied to the trailer wheels. Neutrailer provides control of both motive and braking power in a smart trailer regardless of what tow vehicle is attached.
• Neutrailer effectively makes it feel like the trailer is not there…or Neutral…whether the trailer is fully loaded or empty. It adjusts instantly to the load with no driver or tow vehicle changes.